Unfortunately the most creative thing I did today was make Potato and leek soup. But I did get the border on this quilt top. I'm going to have to do something creative on top of this project to cover up the holes. Why does it have holes? Because the strips weren't wide enough. The SNS technique requires that you cut strips of fabric and then trim them down at angles to create the blocks (If anyone is interested in this technique, I'll be teaching a class at Interquilten about it) Well, I think there was a mistake in the instructions on this block, because it seemed like that last strip was consistently about a half inch short. But not to worry, I think I'll take some pieces of the flower carpet fabric and fuse it on all the holes before I machine quilt it. That should take care of the problem.
Then I also got the borders on this quilt. Isn't he handsome? I think I'll go over to the shop tomorrow and get the backing fabric for him and some batting and get him layered. I can't wait for him to go up in the shop. I can't wait to hear the comments.
Now this one only had about three more seams left to do today so I sat and did them. Now the top is finished. I kind of like how the sides without being trimmed form points. I am thinking about doing the same thing on the top and bottom. Unfortunately this project is wider than it is long. I don't like quilts that go the wrong way like that so I have to fix it, maybe with more rows or maybe with a larger border on the top and bottom, or maybe with two extra borders on top and bottom. But I want to keep the points on the sides, I kind of like them. So I'm going to have to do some more thinking about this project.
Anyway, here is a detail so you can see some of the unique kitty fabrics I collected to make it. Man I had a great time collecting those!! Actually I still have several that I plan to use on other projects.
I really want to spend the rest of this week machine quilting things, so I'm clearing the decks for that endeavor. I'll let you know more tomorrow!