Monday, January 4, 2010

One for Tomato Lovers!

My son is a chef trained at the Great Lakes Culinary Institute. So when I saw this cute little wall quilt I had to make it. The original design had a BLT depicted on it, but that was hardly culinary. So I switched it. I designed the salad with the bacon bits and cherry tomatoes. Today I finished appliqueing the last block, this Pizza block. As you can see, it's kind of a California style pizza with the tomato slices on it. Jake is really more into Sicilian pizza.
All of the blocks are now finished for this quilt top. I can spend some time this week putting it together. In fact, I might make that one of my weekly goals.

Tonight is the Guild meeting and the unveiling of the Grandmother's Flower Garden. This will make it official!

Again tomorrow!
Cindy K-K
Getting closer to finishing it all!

No comments: