Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another 12 year old project finished!

This is the last block which I got finished today. I decided to do this beautiful star block instead of that silly Noah's Ark block with all the appliqued Animals! So I got it done today, doing the last of the applique while I watched a movie. Then I worked the rest of the day to get the top done.
This was a piecing nightm . . . I mean a piecing challenge! There were more partial seams in this one than any other project I've ever done, and I did a heart quilt for my friend Char where every single block had a partial seam. Anyway, the top is done except for the borders. Now I have to figure out if I want it to be a bed quilt because the instructions have a series of borders that take it from the lap sized thing it is now all the way up to a King sized. But I'm thinking definitely Lap robe. Two borders and I'd be able to use it for laying around the house at Christmas time.

I plan to use tomorrow to do some machine quilting. I know, I know, I seem to get stuck on that segment of quilting. But I made a goal and well, I need to do it.

OK, so I'll report back to you tomorrow!

Cindy K-K
Keep up the finishing!

No comments: