Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Recent Finishes, 2012-2013 Retreats

Cat ISpy Quilt. Someone asked how many different cat fabrics are in this quilt. I have no freaking idea! But it's more than 100! There are 500 individual hexagons in this quilt and all are bordered with triangles with little muddy cat paw prints. I ran out of this great print when I did the last few rows that made it long enough. I plan to border it in a black print and paint more bigger muddy cat prints on the borders. If I take it to the next retreat I will easily get it done. It's such a huge quilt that need the table space available at retreats to do it. Can't do it at home, not enough space.

Japanese Circles This was a hand applique quilt. I'm not sure if it's finished. I would have to find the exact right fabric for it if I were to add a border. Not sure it needs it. I am taking opinions!

Haunted Log Cabin Another in my long line of Halloween quilts in my effort to declutter my stash of Halloween fabrics. I am almost there!

Mended Purple Hearts One of the designs from Quiltlynx Designs. I got this quilt finished and set it in shop in order to sell some of the patterns. People started noticing it and wanting a class in this technique. So now we have an on-going Block of the Month class where they make the heart block the first month and then each month after that they machine quilt two or three of the hearts using a different free-motion fill in stitch from Leah Day's Free-motion project blog.

Embroidered Halloween Quilt I found this cute little quilt in a magazine and needed to do it at once. It also used some of the Halloween fabric stash, but the fun part was the hand embroidery using Pearl Cotton number 8. Hadn't done that in ages!

Batik Lady of the Lake Another quilt I've been wanting to do for a long time. This uses those watery colored batiks to perfection. So much fun to make. I now wish I had made it even bigger. I need to add borders to make it into a full sized bed quilt.

Mended Heart of Sandyhook At a gathering of some quilting friends recently we all commented on how deeply we were struck by the tragedy at Sandyhook Elementary. We decided to make this quilt for them. They are going to be using it as a fundraiser for their school.

Zentangle Families "150 Sister" is a tribute to my friend Karen who died of Ovarian Cancer. When she told the nurse who was allowed to come see her in the hospital she told her to just let everyone through because she had 150 Sisters. She meant the 150 members of our Quilt quild! Zentangle Families is another Quiltlynx design available at Interquilten. (See my links at right)

Tangle BOM Last and probably least, is this Thangle Block of the Month. This was the first BOM that we did at the shop. We have learned a little more about it now! I liked this color option so I added some colors of my own to make it more mine. But I got it done! That's the important part.

I will post again as soon as I am able to get pictures taken of what I did in February.--Cindy

No comments: