Monday, October 8, 2018

I need another year of finishing (If not two)

2019 (and the rest of 2018) is going to consist of a new year of finishing. Below are a sampling of projects that either are finished or need finishing.
This is a shawl that needs to get finished. It's a very boring design which means that I just have to keep on going until I think it's big enough. It's not yet big enough!!!
This is a linen stitch scarf that took me a long time. But It's now finished. I got this one done on May 20, 2018.
A Blue Granny Square Afghan that I began because I have lots of little balls of blue-ish yarn. I have since added grey to this project as well. But before I finish this one I have lots of big skeins of blue yarn and I want to use them in an all blue Apache Tears afghan. So I'm making two afghans at the same time out of blues.
I finished these fall colored self-striping socks on Sept. 11, 2018. This was one of the balls of yarn I got from Laura Dean, one of my dearest friends. She gave me two other balls in different colorways that I have yet to touch! (Snort!)
I've always wanted one of these Nordic Style hats with the ear flaps, so I made myself one out of Yarn from sheep grown and spun in Michigan. I finished this on March 12, 2018.
Blue Jean Socks. I've done this pattern, originally from a Threads Knitting Magazine many years ago, several times in different colors, Ivory, black, gold. This time I thought it would make good Blue Jean socks. I finished these on Aug. 6, 2018.
My friend Laura said that my Sock drawer must be eye candy. So I obliged her by taking a photo of my finished socks all splayed out on my quilt.
I am hoping to finish more socks in this coming year, but also more quilts and more one-time knitting and crochet projects as well as writing projects.  I will update a project list on the sidebar of this blog and I will endeavor not to add to it until I have completed at least half of it!!!  That's the goal anyway!

Wish me luck!

No comments: